- FREE Title Page
- FREE Bibliography Page
- FREE Formatting
- FREE Order Tracking
- FREE Revisions
- FREE E-mail Delivery
- FREE Essay Writing Guide
Narrative Essay Topics
Narrative essays are similar to a story in their structure, because they must have a start, middle and ending. The ending cannot really be a conclusion, but an analysis and conclusion may be added at the end.
Many students in the UK find that narrative essay topics are the best type of topic to help them get their point across to the reader. This is because it allows the writer to create a text that is useful and relatable to the reader. Using a narrative helps the user to bond with the text, and it helps them to relate to the text so that the writer's opinion and thoughts may be better heard.
UK students are more willing to use narrative essay topics when creating literary and academic texts because it helps them to organize their thoughts and get it down on paper. If an essay has a clear start and a clear finish then the writer is less likely to ramble on, or to trail off the timeline into irrelevancy. A narrative essay usually has a definitive timeline thereby giving the writer a clear ending point, which is often the perfect place to put a final summation of the essay. In the UK you may find that a lot of narrative essays become actual stories or become part of an autobiography.
Remember too, a narrative essay is one of the few forms of essays in college/university where you are encouraged to write in first person.
Here are 50 Narrative Essay Topic examples:
- My last day at university
- If I were a dictator
- If I were a millionaire
- My first day at university
- An evening in a theatre
- A Bus-trip during office hours
- My career as an accountant
- My High School Prom
- What an exciting football match
- A typical day in the college dorm
- My day at London Zoo
- The day the local convenience store was robbed
- Yesterday I lost my bank card ...
- Memories of the playground
- The day I met the Prime Minister
- Today I signed a petition to ...
- My first and only attendance at a political rally
- My day at the London 2012 Olympics
- I will always remember the day my mother said to me ...
- The Queen's Jubilee celebrations 2012
- The day Chelsea FC won the European Champions League
- A day learning to sail
- You suddenly discover your dog can talk. Imagine the conversation.
- The best live music event you have attended
- Tell us about a time you have been really scared
- You have been cast away on a desert island. Describe the first 5five things you will do.
- My family customs and traditions
- The anatomy of a hurricane
- If you could turn back time, describe a time in your life you would return to and why.
- A day in the life of a catering student
- I ran the London Marathon
- I don't like my neighbour because...
- Retell the plot of your favourite scary movie
- Describe your typical day but in reverse order
- A perfect summer's day in the English countryside
- The day I got my very first iPhone
- The day I argued with my tutor about a grade
- Doing the Three Peaks Challenge
- If I were Prime Minister...
- Explain the plot of your favourite computer game
- This morning, I woke and I decided to ...
- The first time I used an essay writing service
- I dyed my hair blue
- I dreamt I was in the middle of an earthquake
- My superhero power would be ...
- I have learned recently I am adopted
- How I imagine I will be when I am old
- Visiting Southampton, Liverpool and Warwick to check out the Universities
- I have written my first blog
- Following in the footsteps of my father